Eran Riklis' 'Zaytoun' Starring Stephen Dorff Secures U.K. Distribution
Brit distributor Artificial Eye has inked a dealt to roll out the U.K.-Israel co-production in December this year.
LONDON -- Eran Riklis' Zaytoun, starring Stephen Dorff, has inked a U.K. distribution deal with Artificial Eye.
The film, which details the story of the unlikely alliance between a 12-year-old Palestinian refugee and an Israeli fighter pilot shot down over Beirut in 1982, will be rolled out from Dec. 26 this year.
Fred Ritzenberg of FAR Films initially developed Zaytoun with Riklis.
Oscar winning King's Speech producer Gareth Unwin, CEO of Bedlam Productions, boarded after being pitched the script during the Dubai International Film Festival 2010.
The script was penned by first time writer Palestinian scribe Nader Rizq.
Having played at Toronto, picking up a runners up prize for the Audience Award, Zaytoun also unspooled during the BFI London Film Festival and will shortly play at the U.K. Jewish Film Festival.
Zaytoun will have its U.S premiere at AFI Fest on Nov.7.
Pathé is handling international sales rights during the American Film Market and will also distribute the film in France.
United King is handling Israeli distribution rights, with the movie already inking deals with Senator/Telepool for Germany and Austria, CCC Japan and Kinoswiat Poland.
The project marks the first film to take advantage of the newly ratified U.K.-Israel film coproduction Treaty.
Unwin and Ritzenberg said: "Artificial Eye have made a name for themselves in their expert handling of a number of remarkable titles in recent times. We very much look forward to getting Zaytoun out to the British public working with this wonderful distributor."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David