Eric Heisserer in Talks to Write Adaption for 'Bird Box'
"Mama" director Andy Muschietti will helm the project.
Eric Heisserer is in negotiations to adapt Bird Box, a manuscript by Josh Malerman, the frontman of rock group The High Strung.
Andy Muschietti, who directed the horror hit Mama, is helming the project, which is produced by Scott Stuber (Ted and Identity Thief), Chris Morgan (The Fast & Furious franchise) and Barbara Muschietti (Mama). Ryan Lewis will executive produce.
Universal optioned the rights to the film in February 2013. The story is about a blindfolded woman and two children who are moving their way down a river in a post-apocalyptic world.
Malerman's debut novel was acquired by HarperCollins' Ecco imprint through aucton in August. It's slated to publish in 2014.
Heisserer's screenwriting credits include 2010's A Nightmare on Elm Street and 2011's Final Destination 5. He recently wrapped production on his directorial debut, Hours, starring Paul Walker and Génesis Rodríguez. He also wrote the screenplay adaptation for Story of Your Life, based on the short story by Ted Chiang, which is currently being developed by 21 Laps Entertainment, Lava Bear Films and FilmNation.
Heisserer is repped by UTA, Art/Work Entertainment and attorney Marcy Morris.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR