Erica Hill Jumping to NBC News for 'Weekend Today'
After losing her "CBS This Morning" job to Norah O’Donnell, the former CNN anchor is switching networks again.
Erica Hill is heading to NBC.
Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that the anchor, who was ousted from CBS This Morning in July, will soon be named co-host of the weekend edition of Today. The move comes after several months of CBS News unsuccessfully tried to find a new place for Hill after she was replaced by Norah O’Donnell.
“Transitions like this are obviously challenging for everyone involved,” said CBS News president David Rhodes at the time. “But it’s possible to manage them so that they’re less challenging.”
Hill joins Weekend Today's Lester Holt, who hosts Saturday and Sunday and co-hosts with Jenna Wolfe on Sunday. Amy Robach was an anchor on the Saturday broadcast until leaving for ABC News earlier this year.
Prior to her stint on CBS, Hill was at CNN where she served as news anchor and correspondent for Anderson Cooper 360. She was named co-host of CBS' The Early Show in 2010, and stuck around for the first six months of the retooled CBS This Morning alongside new additions Charlie Rose and Gayle King.
Representatives from NBC News had no comment on the news, first reported by The New York Post.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)