Esperanza Spalding's Wikipedia Page Attacked After Grammy Win Over Justin Bieber
The jazz artist's page was altered to make her middle name "Justin," while another edit read that she won even though "no one has heard of her."
Esperanza Spalding scored a Grammy upset over Justin Bieber on Sunday night, winning best new artist honors.
But not everyone was happy about it.
Among the edits:
-- "She now has the 2011 Grammy for being the Best new Artist! Even though no one has ever heard of her! Yay!"
-- "JUSTIN BIEBER DESERVED IT GO DIE IN A HOLE. WHO THE HECK ARE YOU ANYWAY?"
Other edits changed her name to either "Justin" or "Quesadilla" or went so far as to write that "SHE IS A F---ING RETARD."
Still, not all of the edits were negative toward Spalding. One read that she beat out "nominee and gay favorite Justina Bieber" for the Grammy.
Read another: "HaHa Justin Bieber, you're just a little boy with no Grammy for Best New Artist."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws