ESPN Star bags next Olympics
Rights for Subcontinent and SE Asia for 2010, 2012
NEW DELHI -- ESPN Star Sports has secured exclusive, non-standard television rights for the Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 Olympic Games for 22 countries across the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia, the company said Monday.
This marks the first time the International Olympic Committee has awarded pay TV rights for the Olympics for this region. ESPN Star claims a Pan-Asian reach of more than 310 million.
ESPN Star will deliver more than 200 hours of multiplatform programming for the 2012 London Olympic Games, and more than 60 hours for the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR