ESPN.com Launches Web Video Series 'Kenny Mayne’s Wider World of Sports'
The former "SportsCenter" anchor travels the globe to check out off-beat sporting events, such as an elephant polo tournament in Thailand, and play soccer with Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho.
NEW YORK - Walt Disney Co.'s ESPN.com said Wednesday it has launched new online video series Kenny Mayne’s Wider World of Sports, an homage to ABC’s classic Wide World of Sports.
In the Web series, Mayne travels the globe to check out off-beat sporting events. Covering six countries on five continents, the show will feature one country per week over the next six weeks with four to five segments each exploring the unique sports of indigenous people.
Segments include Mayne taking part in the King’s Cup elephant polo tournament in Thailand, playing extreme golf on the world’s longest par 3 on a mountain in South Africa, playing soccer with Brazilian star Ronaldinho and learning footvolley on the beach in Rio.
Mayne is a former SportsCenter anchor and star of ESPN.com’s Mayne Street video series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR