'Estrellas' star of Malaga fest
MADRID -- Felix Viscarret's family drama "Bajo Las Estrellas" walked away with the top honor at the 10th Malaga Spanish Film Festival on Saturday, winning the €60,000 Golden Biznaga.
The film also earned Viscarret the director's award and Alberto San Juan the actor prize for his role as a man who travels home for his father's funeral and becomes entangled in his brother's fiancee's life.
Rodrigo Cortes' much-acclaimed black comedy "Concursante" took the Critics Award, while Jaime Marques' "Ladrones" won the €15,000 Special Jury Award.
"Pudor" lead Elvira Minguez won the actress honors, with Veronica Echegui winning the best supporting actress award for "El Menor De Los Males."
The festival, which hosted 105,620 visitors, saw ticket sales grow 21% from the previous year. The festival also is the framework for the Malaga Screenings. The screenings, which ran Thursday-Saturday, grew to 171 buyers from last year's 142 from 30 countries.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!