'Estrellas' star of Malaga fest
MADRID -- Felix Viscarret's family drama "Bajo Las Estrellas" walked away with the top honor at the 10th Malaga Spanish Film Festival on Saturday, winning the €60,000 Golden Biznaga.
The film also earned Viscarret the director's award and Alberto San Juan the actor prize for his role as a man who travels home for his father's funeral and becomes entangled in his brother's fiancee's life.
Rodrigo Cortes' much-acclaimed black comedy "Concursante" took the Critics Award, while Jaime Marques' "Ladrones" won the €15,000 Special Jury Award.
"Pudor" lead Elvira Minguez won the actress honors, with Veronica Echegui winning the best supporting actress award for "El Menor De Los Males."
The festival, which hosted 105,620 visitors, saw ticket sales grow 21% from the previous year. The festival also is the framework for the Malaga Screenings. The screenings, which ran Thursday-Saturday, grew to 171 buyers from last year's 142 from 30 countries.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR