Ethan Coen, Woody Allen and Elaine May One-Act Plays to Make Broadway Debut
John Turturro will direct the three-comedies collectively titled 'Relatively Speaking.'
John Turturro will make his Broadway directing debut next fall with an evening of three one-act comedies by Ethan Coen, Elaine May and Woody Allen, collectively titled Relatively Speaking.
The production also marks the first foray into Broadway for Coen, whose two programs of one-acts, Almost an Evening and Offices, were hits Off Broadway for the Atlantic Theater Company.
Julian Schlossberg and Letty Aronson will produce Relatively Speaking, which is slated to begin previews in September for an October opening.
Turturro has a long association with the Coen Brothers, having appeared in Miller’s Crossing, Barton Fink, The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Allen’s latest feature, Midnight in Paris, premiered last week at the Cannes Film Festival and will open domestically May 20 through Sony Classics.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR