Etta James Diagnosed With Dementia, Battling Leukemia
4:23 PM PST 1/13/2011 by THR staff
She can no longer sign her name and needs help with feeding, dressing and hygiene.
“At Last” singer Etta James has been diagnosed with dementia and is undergoing treatment for leukemia.Her health condition was revealed in court documents pertaining to a civil case in Riverside County Superior Court in which her husband of 14 years, Artis Mills, is seeking control of more than $1 million of her money, according to The Press-Enterprise in Riverside County, Calif. In the papers, Beverly Hills physician Elaine James (no relation) states that the singer, 72, cannot sign her name and needs help with feeding, dressing and hygiene. James has not performed on stage since early 2010.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR