Eurimages Holds First-Ever Session in Dubai
The European co-production fund has backed such award-winning films as Michael Haneke's “Amour”.
DUBAI -- In what European co-production fund Eurimages is describing as an unprecedented move, the group will today hold its first-ever executive meeting outside Europe, at the 9th Dubai International Film Festival.
Eurimages, which has backed such recent award-winning features as Michael Haneke's Amour – screening at Dubai this year – and The Hunt from Thomas Vinterberg, will also host an open information session in Dubai on Dec.12. The goal, according to Italian Eurimages representative Alessandra Priante, is to open up Europe's premier film funding body to the Arab world and Arab cinema.
As part of its closed-door session today, Eurimages' board of management will discuss whether the fund should establish formal links with non-European countries, including ones in the fast-growing region of the Middle East.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR