EuropaCorp, Fundamental Films Ink Co-production, Distribution Deal in China
The exclusive three-year output deal is meant to give the French studio a bigger presence in the country and will include 15 titles.
French film powerhouse EuropaCorp has signed an exclusive, three-year output deal with distributor Fundamental Films in China. Fundamental will distribute all of EuropaCorp’s productions during the period that will include around 15 titles.
Fundamental has already committed to co-producing three of those titles. The first film released under the deal will be Luc Besson’s Malavita starring Robert de Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones that will start shooting in August.
“The Chinese public has shown in its taste for EuropaCorp films in the past, and the success of Transporter 3 and Adèle: Rise of the Mummy in China is heartwarming. I am particularly happy with this partnership. EuropaCorp’s films will be in very good hands,” Besson said.
Fundamental also released top titles Limitless, Killer Elite and The Grey in China in 2011.
The move is part of EuropaCorp’s “intention to establish a presence in the Chinese market,” the group said on Monday.
EuropaCorp will also potentially sell and distribute three Chinese films under the deal.
“Given their know-how and market position, Fundamental Films is the ideal partner for us,” EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert said, adding: “This agreement is highly strategic for EuropaCorp because it ensures that the studio will have a strong position in China, allowing it to fully benefit from the extraordinary growth in this market.”
Fundamental Films’ chairman Mark Gao added: “EuropaCorp has produced a large number of top- tier films well known in China. Through the partnership between EuropaCorp and Fundamental Films, we believe we will have a great platform to drive both Chinese and French movies into a new era. ”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues