Europe Still Hot for Formats
'You Deserve It!' and 'My Man Can' sell to multiple territories.
CANNES – Drama is getting all the buzz at this year's MipTV, the international television market in Cannes, but European buyers are still digging deep for non-fiction formats.
German sales group SevenOne International has sold You Deserve It, the new altruistic game show format from Deal or No Deal creator Dick de Rijk to Germany and Italy and locked down format deals in the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark for a German game show, My Man Can.
ABC earlier picked up You Deserve It for the U.S. In the show, contestants play not for themselves but for a more deserving individual who knows nothing about his luck until the show's finale.
My Man Can – which has been a hit both in Germany and China – has wives betting what their (unsuspecting) husbands can accomplish: such as eating 20 red-hot chilli peppers at one sitting.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR