Europe Still Hot for Formats
'You Deserve It!' and 'My Man Can' sell to multiple territories.
CANNES – Drama is getting all the buzz at this year's MipTV, the international television market in Cannes, but European buyers are still digging deep for non-fiction formats.
German sales group SevenOne International has sold You Deserve It, the new altruistic game show format from Deal or No Deal creator Dick de Rijk to Germany and Italy and locked down format deals in the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark for a German game show, My Man Can.
ABC earlier picked up You Deserve It for the U.S. In the show, contestants play not for themselves but for a more deserving individual who knows nothing about his luck until the show's finale.
My Man Can – which has been a hit both in Germany and China – has wives betting what their (unsuspecting) husbands can accomplish: such as eating 20 red-hot chilli peppers at one sitting.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services