Ken Loach, Michael Haneke Movies Make First Nominations List for European Film Awards
“The Angel's Share,” “Amour” and Jacques Audiard's “Rust and Bone” are among 47 films on the nominations long list, which will be narrowed down in the coming weeks.
LONDON - Films from Ken Loach, Michael Haneke and Jacques Audiard are among the 47 movies on this year's European Film Academy nominations long list.
Haneke's Palm d'Or winner Amour (Love), Loach's The Angel's Share and Audiard’s Rust and Bone all make the list.
The list of films for the European Film Awards 2012 see 31 European countries represented.
In the 20 countries with the most EFA members, these members have voted one national film directly into the selection list. To complete the list, a selection committee consisting of EFA board members and invited experts Pierre-Henri Deleau (France), Marit Kapla (Sweden), Stefan Kitanov (Bulgaria), Paz Lázaro (Spain), Derek Malcolm (U.K.) and Elma Tataragic (Bosnia & Herzegovina) has included additional films.
Over the coming weeks, the 2,700 members of the European Film Academy will vote for the nominations in the different award categories.
The nominations will be announced Nov. 3 during the Seville European Film Festival in Spain. The European Film Awards will take place in Malta on Dec. 1.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Relive The Most Memorable Musical Episodes That TV Has To Offer
- Jason Bateman Was Glad To Direct 'Bad Words' Because It's 'A Little More Challenging To Watch'
- Colbert Now Intrigued By Colorado Pot Industry Because Capitalism Trumps Having Morals
- Three Grandmas Read The Lyrics To Beyonce's 'Drunk In Love' And Can Barely Handle It