European Women's AV Network to Hold Film Pitch Training in Barcelona
The course, open to women and men, is organization's first professional training event.
MOSCOW -- Europe's new professional network for women working in the film industry is hosting its first training event in Barcelona, Spain, in October.
The European Women's Audiovisual Network (EWA) event, Pitcher Perfect, is aimed a producers and directors -- both women and men -- with a project who are looking for support in finalizing it.
"The course is aimed at those who need that extra bit of confidence and skill in pitching their project and who would like to bring it to the attention of industry expert and other producers," said Francine Raveney, EWA Network director and an independent producer and consultant.
The three-day course, lead by internationally acknowledged pitch trainer, Jan Miller, is available at a discount to EWA members but open to all eligible participants.
It was developed after consultations with industry experts, European film funds, festivals and other training course providers.
The event includes presentations on co-productions and analysis of all project pitches by experts that include Fabien Westerhoff of Hanway Films, Gavin Humphries, award-winning producer of The Real Social Network and The Curse, which won Directors' Fortnight in Cannes in 2012, and British film packaging expert Josephene Rose.
Applications for the event, which runs October 25-27, are open until September 26 via the EWA website.
The network, originally founded in Spain, was re-launched during the Berlin film festival in February and held its first networking sessions in Cannes last May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed