Europe's Shooting Stars Take On Shanghai International Film Festival
Four top young Euro talents to join Chinese actors for Shanghai showcase.
COLOGNE, Germany - Four of Europe's top up-and-coming actors are heading to the Shanghai International Film Festival for a joint European-Chinese talent showcase.
Germany's Alexander Fehling, star of historic romcom Goethe! and a bit player in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds; Sylvia Hoeks, the Dutch star of Rudolf van Berg's Tirza; The Albanian star Nik Zhelilaj and Macedonian actress Natasha Petrovic (As If I Am Not There), four of the ten European Shooting Stars presented at this year's Berlin International Film Festival, will travel to China for a partner event at the Shanghai fest.
There they will join the 10 Chinese actors selected as the region's hottest acting talent in Shanghai's own Star Hunter program. For the Euro talent, the trip is intended as a door-opener to the exploding Chinese marketplace.
The Shanghai International Film Festival runs June 15-19.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR