Eva Mendes Stars in 'Girl in Progress' Trailer
The actress plays a neglectful mother in the Pantelion Films project.
The trailer for Girl in Progress reveals that the film -- starring Eva Mendes as a struggling mother of a teenage daughter -- will raise the question of who is actually the parent and who is the child.
Mendes’ character seems to be in more trouble than her young daughter (played by Cierra Ramirez). She’s sleeping with a married man, falling behind on her bills and neglecting her 13-year-old daughter.
“A coming of age story is the story of a young person’s change from child to adult,” says a teacher in the trailer. As Mendes’ character’s actions become more unstable and erratic, her daughter is forced to grow up and find her independence.
The Pantelion Films movie, directed by Patricia Riggen, also stars Matthew Modine, Patricia Arquette and Eugenio Derbez. It will open in theaters on April 27.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR