Eve Brent, Prolific Character Actress, Dies at 82
Fifties starlet played Jane in two Tarzan films during her long, steady career.
Eve Brent, whose steady work over 60 years in show business included playing Jane opposite Gordon Scott in two Tarzan films of the 1950s, died Aug. 27 of natural causes at Pacifica Hospital of the Valley in Sun Valley, Calif. She was 82.
The character actress appeared in dozens of films and TV shows, from 1955 pic Female Jungle (as Jean Lewis) to the indie film Hit List, which is scheduled for release in 2012.
Maverick director Samuel Fuller changed her name to Eve Brent when she appeared in Forty Guns, his 1977 Western that starred Barbara Stanwyck.
A native of Houston, Brent also had stints in such recent films as The Green Mile (1999), Garfield (2004) and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008).
She played Jane in Tarzan and the Trappers and Tarzan’s Fight for Life, both from 1958, and was a hooker in Clint Eastwood starrer Coogan’s Bluff (1968). Other film credits include Gun Girls (1957), The Bride and the Beast (1958) and Fade to Black (1980), for which she won a Saturn Award.
Brent’s multiple TV appearances include Death Valley Days, Adventures of Superman, Dragnet, Family Affair, thirtysomething, Highway to Heaven, Roswell, Scrubs and Community.
Survivors include a son, Jack Lewis.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)