'Everybody Loves Raymond' Director to Helm CBC's 'The Debaters'
CBC migrates radio comedy debate series to its main TV network.
TORONTO -- Everybody Loves Raymond helmer Brian Roberts will be in the director’s chair for The Debaters, the Canadian TV transplant of the CBC radio comedy series.
Roberts will also executive produce the CBC TV competition sees that sees comics go toe-to-toe debating hot-button issues like showers vs. baths, Scientology and Walmart.
The veteran TV director, originally from the U.S., optioned the small screen rights for the CBC Radio series of the same name that was created by Richard Side.
Canadian comics lined up to compete on the TV version of The Debaters include Scott Thompson, Elvira Kurt, Derek Edwards, Mike Wilmot, Debra DiGiovanni, Trevor Boris, Patrick McKenna, Sean Cullen and Roman Danylo.
The winners of the debate will be determined by a live studio audience in Vancouver, where the series will be shot.
Brian Roberts is also to shortly direct the original CMT telefilm Reel Love, a romantic comedy that stars LeAnn Rimes, for the U.S. country music-themed channel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR