'Everybody Loves Raymond's' Doris Roberts Joins ABC's 'Counter Culture'
The Emmy-winning actress is poised to make her series return as Aunt Lee in the Sony TV comedy about three aging sisters who run a diner together.
Doris Roberts is going Counter Culture.
The Emmy-winning Everybody Loves Raymond actress has signed on to play Aunt Lee in ABC’s multicamera comedy, which centers on three aging sisters who run their West Texas family diner together with sibling dynamics always getting in the way.
MADtv’s Stephnie Weir is on board to pen the Sony Pictures TV pilot, which multi-tasking Claudia Lonow will executive produce. Ted Wass (Two and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement) has signed on to direct.
Roberts, who has guested on The Middle, Grey’s Anatomy and Hot in Cleveland in recent years, is repped by WME and Del Shaw.
Email: Lacey.Rose@thr.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR