Ewan McGregor to Play Julia Roberts' Husband in 'August: Osage County'
John Wells is directing the adaptation of the Tracy Letts play, which also stars Meryl Streep.
Ewan McGregor has joined the cast of August: Osage County, The Weinstein Co. said Wednesday.
John Wells is directing the movie, which counts Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts among its stars and George Clooney among its producers.
An adaptation of the Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, the story revolves around the women of a family whose lives have splintered in many directions until a crisis brings them back to their childhood home and to the dysfunctional pill-popping woman (Streep) who raised them.
McGregor will play Bill Fordham, Roberts’ estranged husband and Streep’s son-in-law, a college professor who left his wife for one of his students but wants to be there for his family.
The cast also includes Benedict Cumberbatch, Abigail Breslin, Chris Cooper, Sam Shepard, Margo Martindale and Dermot Mulroney.
McGregor is coming off the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of The Impossible, the tsunami-survival drama that Liongate/Summit will release Dec. 21 in the U.S. He also stars in next summer’s fantasy Jack the Giant Killer.
He is repped by UTA, Sloane Offer and United Agents.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR