Ex-'One Tree Hill' actress explains pre-baby absence
Hilarie Burton gave birth to son with Jeffrey Dean Morgan
NEW YORK -- Don't expect to see photos of Hilarie Burton and her baby on magazine covers.
The former "One Tree Hill" star took a break from Hollywood leading up to the birth of her son with boyfriend Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
She and Morgan went public with their relationship last April at the Los Angeles premiere of "The Losers," which Morgan starred in.
Of Morgan, she says: "We're really happy, and we're a very good team. And we got very lucky that our family is what it is."
In keeping with her private ways, Burton wouldn't confirm their son's name or birth date.
She says: "I want to protect them like a mama wolf should."
Burton is in New York to film an episode arc for the USA network show "White Collar." Her first episode airs Aug. 10 at 9 p.m. ET.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!