Ex-'One Tree Hill' actress explains pre-baby absence
Hilarie Burton gave birth to son with Jeffrey Dean Morgan
NEW YORK -- Don't expect to see photos of Hilarie Burton and her baby on magazine covers.
The former "One Tree Hill" star took a break from Hollywood leading up to the birth of her son with boyfriend Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
She and Morgan went public with their relationship last April at the Los Angeles premiere of "The Losers," which Morgan starred in.
Of Morgan, she says: "We're really happy, and we're a very good team. And we got very lucky that our family is what it is."
In keeping with her private ways, Burton wouldn't confirm their son's name or birth date.
She says: "I want to protect them like a mama wolf should."
Burton is in New York to film an episode arc for the USA network show "White Collar." Her first episode airs Aug. 10 at 9 p.m. ET.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche