EXCLUSIVE: ABC renews 'Wipeout'
Fourth season will include new obstacle courses
The Big Balls will return.
ABC is ordering a fourth season of its summer reality hit "Wipeout."
The next round of the Endemol-produced series will feature two new obstacle courses, including a fresh "motivator" for the infamously difficult Big Balls, the classic sweeper with a new twist and obstacles such as the Lawn Mower and the Sky Scraper Slide.
"I'm excited that a fourth season will give our team the opportunity to create bigger and funnier ways to wipe out contestants and thrill families across America," creator and executive producer Matt Kunitz said.
Pulling double duty on two nights at 8 p.m., "Wipeout" has averaged a strong 3.0 adults 18-49 rating once DVR use is added, managing to maintain its audience from last summer.
Plus, "Wipeout" has the distinction of being the only broadcast reality series launched in recent years that has demonstrated proven staying power.
CBS' "Undercover Boss," which had a successful first season, could follow in "Wipeout's" footsteps. Fox's "MasterChef" also has had a promising start.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David