EXCLUSIVE: ABC renews 'Wipeout'
Fourth season will include new obstacle courses
The Big Balls will return.
ABC is ordering a fourth season of its summer reality hit "Wipeout."
The next round of the Endemol-produced series will feature two new obstacle courses, including a fresh "motivator" for the infamously difficult Big Balls, the classic sweeper with a new twist and obstacles such as the Lawn Mower and the Sky Scraper Slide.
"I'm excited that a fourth season will give our team the opportunity to create bigger and funnier ways to wipe out contestants and thrill families across America," creator and executive producer Matt Kunitz said.
Pulling double duty on two nights at 8 p.m., "Wipeout" has averaged a strong 3.0 adults 18-49 rating once DVR use is added, managing to maintain its audience from last summer.
Plus, "Wipeout" has the distinction of being the only broadcast reality series launched in recent years that has demonstrated proven staying power.
CBS' "Undercover Boss," which had a successful first season, could follow in "Wipeout's" footsteps. Fox's "MasterChef" also has had a promising start.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR