EXCLUSIVE: 'Dragon' star lands 'Sherlock 2'
First English-language role for Noomi Rapace
Noomi Rapace, the Swedish star of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," has booked her first English-language role: the plum part of the female lead in Warner Bros.'s "Sherlock Holmes 2."
The sequel reunites most of the team from the original: Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes and Jude Law as Dr. Watson. Guy Ritchie is back as director while Joel Silver, Susan Downey, Lionel Wigram and Dan Lin return as producers.
The logline is being kept under wraps, although it is known Holmes will face off against Moriarty. Also making an appearance will be Holmes' brother, Mycroft.
Rapace's role is shrouded in mystery although sources say the character may be a French Gypsy. It is unclear if the role is romantic in nature.
Warners is looking to start production later this year.
Off the strength of her breakthrough performance in the Swedish-language "Tattoo," Rapace snagged representation with UTA and Magnolia Entertainment. She made a well-publicized trip to LA mid-August, meeting with top producers and directors to discuss making an entry into the American film scene. "Holmes 2" is the first acting gig to come to fruition from those meetings.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws