EXCLUSIVE: Jon Stewart mocks Rick Sanchez
Letterman jokes about cleaning out fired anchor's office
NEW YORK -- Jon Stewart and David Letterman joked about the Rick Sanchez controversy here Saturday evening as host of Comedy Central's "Night Of Too Many Stars."
CNN fired former anchor Sanchez Friday after he let loose on "The Daily Show" host and Jewish people in the media while appearing on the "Stand Up! with Pete Dominick" Sirius XM radio show.
Stewart brought up the issue in his opening monologue to "Stars," which he hosted at Manhattan's Beacon Theatre.
In talking about how people should donate for autism education, for which the show raises money, Stewart said: "If you went on radio and said the Jews control the media...you may want to hold on to your money."
But if Sanchez was right about the Jews, Stewart also suggested, "All he has to do is apologize to us, and we'll hire him back."
The Sanchez topic came up again when Letterman made a surprise guest appearance. The late-night host told Stewart that he was just in the city "helping Rick Sanchez clean out his office."
Even Tom Brokaw got in on the fun in an appearance later in the evening in which he took a jab at Sanchez as well.
The "Night Of Too Many Stars" will air on Comedy Central on Oct. 21.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack