EXCLUSIVE: Joseph Cross, Jessica Szohr Starring in Indie 'Art Machine'
'Running With Scissors' star and 'Gossip Girl' actress have been cast alongside Joey Lauren Adams in the indie drama.
Joseph Cross and Gossip Girl's Jessica Szohr are starring in the indie drama Art Machine, now shooting in New York for director Doug Karr. Joey Lauren Adams also is in the movie, which is produced by Aimee McCabe, Mynette Louie and Roy GoKay Wol.
The script, by Karr and Nuno Faustino, centers on a child-prodigy painter (Cross) on the verge of turning 18 who is suffering from bipolar disorder and needs to come up with an art show to end all art shows. When he meets a group of artist-anarchists, his world turns upside down.
Szohr plays one of the outlaw hipsters, a pyrotechnic artist who is attracted to the prodigy, but as his manic madness grows, she becomes concerned for his safety. Adams is Cross' mother.
Karr is a filmmaker who started in documentaries before moving into narrative storytelling. His short film Ten for Grandpa premiered at last year's Sundance Film Festival.
The movie is being financed through private equity.
UTA-repped Cross starred in Running With Scissors and appeared in Milk.
Szohr, who plays Vanessa Abrams on Gossip, most recently appeared onscreen in Piranha. She's repped by ICM and Luber Roklin Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR