EXCLUSIVE: Megan Fox Joins Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig in 'Friends With Kids'
Jennifer Westfeldt, who wrote the script, will star in as well as produce the ensemble comedy with her partner Hamm.
Megan Fox is joining "Friends With Kids," an ensemble comedy from Jennifer Westfeldt.
Westfeldt wrote the script and will star as well as produce with her partner Jon Hamm. She also will direct, with a hand from Mike Nichols and Jake Kasdan, who are executive producing.
The project already has cast Adam Scott and Kristen Wiig for the story, which revolves around a pair of thirtysomething best friends who observe the toll that having kids has taken on the couples they know and resolve to bypass that stress by having a child and then date other people.
Scott and Westfeldt will play the lead couple; Wiig and Hamm will play another. A third couple has not been cast.
Fox will play a girl who Scott begins to date.
"It's a very literate script and when Jen met with her, she thought Megan was spot on. When (Fox) picks the right part, she has tremendous value," said Cinetic Media's John Sloss, who is handling sales.
The movie will be released theatrically in April."Jen wrote one of the funniest and most original scripts I've read in a long time, the rare great generational character comedy," Kasdan said. Fox, repped by ICM, next appears opposite Mickey Rourke and Bill Murray in the feature fable "Passion Play," which made its debut at the Toronto International Film Festival and sold to Image Entertainment in a low-seven-figure deal.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama