For PBS' Paula Kerger, "Downton Abbey's" on fire, and the GOP is taking aim: How the once-sleepy public broadcaster is suddenly Topic A.
Paula Kerger seems destined to have become the public face of PBS. Her grandfather, Ed Arnold, founded the public radio station WBJC in Baltimore, and PBS was a favorite channel in her Baltimore household when she was growing up. "I remember watching Masterpiece Theatre programs like The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Elizabeth R and I, Claudius," she says. "Public media was always part of my life."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR