Overseeing Sony's best year thanks to the "Spider-Man" reboot and "Men in Black 3," Columbia Pictures president Doug Belgrad reveals the secret to reviving franchises and Oscar hopes for Bigelow's bin Laden.
Doug Belgrad, 46, is presiding over what is likely to be Sony's most successful year at the worldwide box office in history, fueled by The Amazing Spider-Man (which has grossed $521 million and counting), Men in Black 3 and 21 Jump Street. And there are big commercial hopes for August's Total Recall. The drama-free executive is coming up on his second year as sole president of Columbia Pictures, a post he had shared with Matt Tolmach (the two were named to the top gig in 2008 after serving as co-presidents of production) until Tolmach left to become a producer.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR