Executive Suite: Cecile Frot-Coutaz
The CEO of FremantleMedia North America on "Idol," "X Factor" and her two Simons.
Donning a charming Chanel suit and surrounded by press clippings, an Emmy and various American Idol accolades, FremantleMedia North America CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz is the picture of calm confidence. Her company’s flagship show is holding its own in Season 10, pulling in 25 million viewers despite having been effectively written off by the media, industry colleagues and even viewers when its star judge Simon Cowell announced a defection to his own TV creation, The X Factor. And the production company’s 20 other properties are still going strong, including game show staples The Price Is Right, now in its 40th year (Fremantle acquired it in 1997) and Family Feud, along with America’s Got Talent, which drew impressive summer numbers of 13 million.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR