'The Expendables' sold to Spike TV
Cable channel to air latest purchase in April 2013
TORONTO -- Lionsgate has sold Sylvester Stallone's "The Expendables" to Spike TV after last week's $34.8 million theatrical opening.
Spike TV, which earlier picked up "Kick Ass," will air its latest movie purchase in April 2013.
Besides Stallone, "The Expendables" stars Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, David Zayas, Terry Crews and Mickey Rourke.
"We're committed to monetizing our strong slate of films in all distribution platforms, and Spike has proven to be a perfect partner for our action thrillers," said Lionsgate Television Group president Kevin Beggs
The deal was hammered out by Rand Stoll, Lionsgate's executive vp of TV sales, and John Griffin, Spike TV's senior vp of programming.
"The Expendables" is produced by Avi Lerner, John Thompson and Kevin King Templeton.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)