'Extreme Makeover' Host Ty Pennington Joins New ABC Daytime Show
"The Revolution," a health and lifestyle series, premieres in January.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition host Ty Pennington is joining ABC's new daily daytime series, The Revolution.
The new health and lifestyle series will help viewers completely transform all aspects of their lives, including family, physical and emotional well-being; fashion, home design; personal finance; food; and jobs.
The Revolution is slated to premiere in January 2012. Pennington joins previously announced Tim Gunn, currently of Project Runway, and fitness/nutrition expert Harley Pasternak.
“Ty’s passionate and deep connection to everyone he helps makes him the perfect choice to join The Revolution," said Brian Frons, president of daytime at Disney/ABC Television Group. “The energy he brings with him is an excellent complement to our previously named hosts, Tim Gunn and Harley Pasternak. Our goal is to include inspiring and informative motivators as we build The Revolution team and continue to evolve our lineup with the type of lifestyle programming that daytime viewers are interested in seeing.”
The Revolution is produced by 3Ball Productions. JD Roth and Todd Nelson will executive produce.
ABC launched new food series, The Chew, last week after long-running soap, All My Children aired its final episode on Sept. 23.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama