Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg to Pen Book on Women and Work
"Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead," a personal look at women in the workplace, will hit stores in March 2013.
Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg has penned a book on women and work that will be published next year by Alfred A. Knopf.
Titled Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, Sandberg shares her own personal and professional experiences, seeking to encourage women to pursue leadership roles in their careers. Through her own research, Sandberg argues in her book that true equality in the workplace still eludes women today.
Lean In offers advice for women on how they can also overcome obstacles in the professional world and find personal fulfillment.
“I wrote Lean In so women can make more informed choices and increase their chances of making it to the top of any field or pursue any goal with gusto. And I wrote it for men who want to understand the challenges women face so they can do their part to build an equal world,” Sandberg says in a statement about her new book.
The book is scheduled to go on sale nationwide on March 12, 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR