Facebook Game Maker Zynga Secures Toronto Foothold By Acquiring Five Mobile
The U.S. Facebook game giant establishes a Toronto studio by acquiring Five Mobile and renaming it Zynga Toronto.
TORONTO – Facebook game maker Zynga has gone to Canada to acquire the mobile app developer Five Mobile.
Toronto-based Five Mobile founders Ameet Shah, Jeff Zakrzewski, Oliver Tabay, and Troy Hubman will join Zynga, with Shah heading up a new studio, Zynga Toronto.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Zynga will acquire certain assets and IP developed by Five Mobile.
The Canadian deal is the 15th acquisition in the 13 months by Zynga, which is best known for its Facebook games FarmVille and CityVille.
Five Mobile is a veteran game developer for Canadian media players like Rogers Communications and Cineplex Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR