Facebook Threatens to Sue Mark Zuckerberg
An Israeli businessman formerly called Rotem Guez, legally changed his name to the social networking site creator's same moniker on Dec. 7.
Mark Zuckerberg may have another lawsuit on his hands.
But this time, he'll be suing himself...sort of. The Facebook co-creator and CEO has threatened to take legal action against Isreali businessman Rotem Guez who legally changed his name to Mark Zuckerberg Dec. 7.
The new Zuckerberg has a history of trouble with the social networking site. According to his website MarkZuckerberg.com, he first threatened to sue the company in Jan. after Facebook shut down a profile he'd created under his alias.
Then, in Sept. Facebook's law firm Perkins Cole threatened to sue Zuckerberg II because of a company he'd created, Like Store, which sells fans to brands (the company claims to be able to get Facebook "Likes" for official brand pages). Facebook demanded that the then-Guez shut down his company and never return to their website again.
But, on Dec. 14, Facebook again sent the entrepreneur a cease-desist letter, that the new Zuckerberg posted to his website.
"Your continued activities violate Facebook's terms, and are illegal," the letter states. "Facebook demands that you immediately stop your activities."
Guez-turned-Zuckerberg also posted a vidoe of him legally changing his name on the site. Watch below.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David