Facebook and NHL On Board 'Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol' Promotion
Paramount Pictures is gearing up to promote the Tom Cruise-starring action adventure pic, including enabling fans to rent and view earlier "Mission Impossible" movies via Facebook.
TORONTO - The National Hockey League is going on the offense to promote Paramount Pictures’ Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol on this Friday night game's broadcast.
The studio also Tuesday said it was making the entire Mission Impossible movie catalogue available for rent for $2.99 per-film via a dedicated Facebook page.
Paramount Pictures' marketing partnership with the NHL will see the pro hockey league tub-thump for the Tom Cruise-starrer across its platforms, including NBC and Versus in the U.S. market, TSN and TSN2 in Canada and on the NHL Network.
The “NHL Impossible Mission” promotion will take place during the NHL Thanksgiving Showdown game between the Boston Bruins and the Detroit Red Wings, to air on the NHL on NBC telecast on November 25.
The promotion for Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol will include co-branded 30 second and 60 second TV commercials with game footage and movie clips, to air during the game broadcast and pre-game and post-game shows.
The Facebook page rentals for Mission Impossible and subsequent sequels will allow viewing of the movies for up to 48 hours on the social media platform.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR