Facebook's Quarterly Sales Rise 45 Percent to $1.1 Billion
The social networking company's pre-IPO shares are valued at about $31 apiece, judging from an SEC filing.
Facebook said Monday its sales rose 45 percent to $1.1 billion in the first quarter and net income fell 12 percent to $205 million.
Results at the social networking company, which is planning an initial pubilc offering, have slowed in recent months, judging from its quarterly numbers. In the fourth quarter last year, revenue soared 55 percent while net income jumped 20 percent.
In its SEC filing Monday, Facebook also disclosed details of its purchase of Instagram, a $1 billion deal that combines 23 million Facebook shares with $300 million cash. The deal, therefore, values Facebook's pre-IPO shares at ust under $31 apiece.
Facebook's IPO is expected to be the biggest Internet IPO in history, raising about $5 billion and valuing the company from $75 bilion-$100 billion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game