Facebook Working on Hollywood-Friendly App (Report)
The social network is testing features to make it easier for stars to interact with fans through mobile devices.
Facebook is working on a new app just for Hollywood.
The social network is testing a VIP app with a small group of famous people, according to AllThingsD.
The app will let stars easily monitor Facebook chatter about themselves from a mobile device and respond to fans, sources told AllThingsD.
So, if an actor posts a status update that leads to a lot of comments, the new app would make it easier for the actor to respond.
Facebook is trying to encourage celebrities to share more information on its site. The app also could produce more celeb-user engagement, something that's easier for stars to do on Twitter, by simply scanning down a column of @replies and responding to them.
"We are currently testing some mobile features designed to help public figures interact with their fans," Facebook told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "We are testing these features with a small group of partners and will share more details should we roll it out more widely."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game