Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Tops Fortune's 40 Under 40 List
James Murdoch, who ranked eighth last year, drops off amid News Corp.’s phone hacking scandal.
NEW YORK - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, 27, took the top spot in Fortune's second annual 40 Under 40 list of the hottest young stars in business ahead of Google CEO Larry Page, the Time Warner publication said Thursday.
Other tech stars on the list include Jack Dorsey, co-founder and executive chairman of Twitter, who made the eighth spot, Google co-founder Sergey Brin in the 11th spot.
Big entertainment industry names on the list include 13th-ranked Ryan Seacrest, 36, who is immediately followed by Univision Networks head Cesar Conde, 37, and 16th-ranked Kevin Feige, head of Marvel Studios.
CBS News president David Rhodes (ranked 17th), Spotify founder Daniel Ek (18), Relativity Media boss Ryan Kavanaugh (22) and CNN's Erin Burnett (33) also made the list.
However, News Corp. deputy COO James Murdoch, who came in eighth last year when tech pioneer and investor Marc Andreessen topped the list ahead of Zuckerberg, dropped off the list.
Asked by Fortune about the business term he hates the most, Rhodes said: “Worst overused business term: facilitate. Who grew up saying, ‘Mom, when I grow up I want to facilitate.’ How about instead ‘I’d like to report, disclose, reveal’?”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR