Falcom Secures John Stockwell’s ‘Code Name: Geronimo’ for German-Speaking Europe from Voltage
The Swiss distributor also nabs rights to guys comedy “21 & Over” from "The Hangover" screenwriters Jon Lucas and Scott Moore.
COLOGNE, Germany – Swiss-based distributor Falcom secured German-speaking rights to two upcoming features at the American Film Market: John Stockwell’s real-life action thriller Code Name: Geronimo – Killing Bin Laden from Voltage Pictures and Hangover-style guys comedy 21 & Over from FilmNation and Relativity Media.
Code Name: Geronimo is based on the Navy SEAL mission that tracked and assassinated Osama Bin Laden.
Stockwell (Into The Blue) begins shooting the feature in January. The project is racing against a similar-themed Bin Laden feature from The Hurt Locker team of helmer Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal. That project, which has not yet begun shooting, was originally set to bow stateside Oct. 12, 2012 but Sony Pictures is reportedly considering pushing back the release till after the U.S. Presidential elections.
21 & Over, which stars Miles Teller (Footloose), Skylar Astin (Taking Woodstock) and Justin Chon (The Twilight Saga) is the story of three friends going on one wild night to celebrate their buddy’s 21st birthday. It’s written and directed by Hangoverscreenwriters Jon Lucas and Scott Moore.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights