'Family Guy' Characters High-Five Over 9/11 (Video)
In Sunday's episode, Fox's satirical show pushed the envelope once again by having its main characters choose not to prevent the 2001 terrorist attacks.
On Sunday, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane promised fans a great episode of the Fox animated comedy.
“Tonight on Family Guy, Stewie and Brian go back in time to the pilot episode. This one's fun,” he wrote on Twitter.
However, one aspect of the episode has been receiving media attention because of its controversial take on the 9/11 attacks, which some could see as not fun at all.
On Sunday night’s episode, Stewie and Brian travel through time, and are able to stop the events of 9/11 from occurring. Changing history brings a very dark future for the country, however, which is plagued by a Civil War and becomes a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The duo decides that they have to return back in time and let the events of the past unfold as they did.
“We made 9/11 happen!” exclaims Stewie, as they high-five.
“Well that probably wouldn’t look very good out of context,” says Stewie.
But does it even look very good in context? The point of the episode is that they were saving the world from a much worse fate. Even so, while Family Guy has satirically covered a wide variety of controversial topics, this view on the tragedy of 9/11 could anger some, even though it’s been more than 10 years since the event occurred.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!