Family Maid Files Lawsuit Claiming She Is The Main Character in 'The Help'
3:38 PM PST 2/17/2011 by Andy Lewis
Ablene Cooper, who works for author Kathryn Stockett's brother, claims the character Aibileen Clark was based on her.
The Help author Kathryn Sockett is being sued by 60-year-old Ablene Cooper for using her name and likeness for one of the two main characters in the best-selling novel without her permission, according to the New York Times.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile