'The Family Stone' Director Thomas Bezucha to Remake 'Priceless' for uMedia
The remake of the French-language original, which starred Audrey Tautou, will shoot on location in the French Riviera next summer.
The Family Stone director Thomas Bezucha has signed on to remake French romantic comedy Priceless for Belgium production and financing group uMedia. The English-language remake is set to begin shooting on location in the French Riviera next summer.
The 2006 French original, directed by Pierre Salvadori and starring Audrey Tautou, was a local box-office hit and sold to more than 60 territories worldwide.
The plot of the remake focuses on Alec, a shy, hard-working English waiter at a grand hotel on the Riviera who is mistaken for a millionaire and seduced by Lauren, an American girl who relies on sugar daddies to finance her extravagant lifestyle. Lauren takes off when she discovers Alec's true identity. Alec, trying to win her back, follows her along the Cote d'Azur, only to end up broke and becoming a kept man himself when an older, wealthy woman takes him on. The tables are turned as Lauren coaches Alec in the rules of a game she knows all too well.
"I'm such a huge fan of Pierre Salvadori's original film I leapt at the chance to bring that story to another audience," said Bezucha in a statement.
"Priceless is a captivating romantic comedy full of finesse and glamour with a great commercial potential. It fits perfectly with our editorial line and will be a notable addition to the solid filmography we're building," added uMedia CEO Adrian Politowski.
Priceless will be the second high-profile project uMedia has shot along the Riviera. The group is a backer on Olivier Dahan's upcoming biopic Grace of Monaco starring Nicole Kidman.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David