Fantasia Barrino ready for TV appearances
After suicide attempt, 'American Idol' star refocuses on music
After her release from a hospital, Fantasia Barrino wants to focus on her music again and is ready for several previously planned TV appearances.
Following her suicide attempt, the "American Idol" star is will make media appearances for her new album, starting with an Aug. 24 "Good Morning America" visit, Us reports.
"I can't thank my fans enough for their prayers and support during such a challenging time," the star said in a statement. "It has given me the motivation to get back to work ...I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this album and I pray that everyone enjoys it as much as I do."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s