Farm Aid headed to New England
John Mellencamp will announce show details
Farm Aid will be held this year in New England for the first time.
John Mellencamp is scheduled to hold a news conference in Boston on Tuesday to announce that the show will be held Sept. 20 at the Comcast Center in Mansfield.
The Boston Globe reports that Mellencamp, Willie Nelson, Neil Young and Dave Matthews will headline the concert, and more performers will be announced.
Farm Aid executive director Carolyn Mugar said organizers have long wanted to have a show in New England to highlight the region's agriculture. The organization is based in the Boston suburb of Somerville.
Farm Aid, which held its first concert in 1985 and has raised more than $30 million, supports family farms.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR