Farrelly Brothers Circling Moe Casting for 'Three Stooges' Movie
Chris Diamantopoulos is closing in on a deal to star opposite Sean Hayes and Will Sasso, with rehearsals set to begin next week.
The Farrelly brothers are making plans to begin rehearsing The Three Stooges as early as next week, just as 20th Century Fox closes in on a deal with television actor Chris Diamantopoulos to play the role of Moe.
Sean Hayes has already been cast in the role of Larry, while Will Sasso will play the role of Curly. Diamantopoulos has emerged the frontrunner to play the third Stooge.
Three Stooges will be divided into roughly three half-hour vignettes.
The Farrellys are producing the comedy with their Conundrum partner Bradley Thomas. Charles B. Wessler also is producing, while Earl Benjamin is exec producer.
Diamantopoulos’ credits include the 2005 telefilm Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of "Mork and Mindy."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David