Farrelly Brothers Circling Moe Casting for 'Three Stooges' Movie
Chris Diamantopoulos is closing in on a deal to star opposite Sean Hayes and Will Sasso, with rehearsals set to begin next week.
The Farrelly brothers are making plans to begin rehearsing The Three Stooges as early as next week, just as 20th Century Fox closes in on a deal with television actor Chris Diamantopoulos to play the role of Moe.
Sean Hayes has already been cast in the role of Larry, while Will Sasso will play the role of Curly. Diamantopoulos has emerged the frontrunner to play the third Stooge.
Three Stooges will be divided into roughly three half-hour vignettes.
The Farrellys are producing the comedy with their Conundrum partner Bradley Thomas. Charles B. Wessler also is producing, while Earl Benjamin is exec producer.
Diamantopoulos’ credits include the 2005 telefilm Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of "Mork and Mindy."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game