Fassbender on Fire
One of the most gifted actors today, the star of "Shame," "A Dangerous Method" and the upcoming "Prometheus" has the industry in awe. Says one studio chief: "In our world, the real deal doesn't come along very often."
Early in January, in the aftermath of a crushing workload that included shooting and promoting six movies in 20 months, a Venice Film Festival best actor award and a Golden Globe nomination, Michael Fassbender slipped away to the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Following that relentless schedule -- and his first real introduction to fame in 2011 -- no one would have faulted Hollywood's new "It" actor for collapsing stone-cold. But if there's any one secret to what makes the 34-year-old tick, it's his absolute need to keep in frenetic, kinetic motion. So he did what any amateur adrenaline junkie might do on vacation: He jumped out of a plane high over the island.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR