'Fast Five' Sets Universal Record With $85.1 Million at International Box Office
11:00 AM PDT 5/8/2011 by Frank Segers
UPDATED: The action flick marks the studio's biggest international weekend, while Paramount and Marvel Entertainment's "Thor" takes No. 2 with $44.6 million.
Universal's Fast Five zoomed to the top of the foreign theatrical circuit's boxoffice chart on the weekend, grossing a speedy $85.1 million from 7,325 locations – for a per-screen average of $11,618 – in 58 overseas territories.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile