Box Office Milestone: 'Fast & Furious 6' Passes $500 Million Worldwide
The ensemble action film zooms to the box-office milestone faster than any film in Universal's history.
There's no stopping Fast & Furious 6.
Universal's record-breaking ensemble action film has crossed $500 million at the worldwide box office faster than any film in the studio's history.
The film, directed by Justin Linand starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Michelle Rodriguez, has held the No. 1 spot at the domestic box office for two weeks in a row, and scored the studio's highest-grossing opening weekend of all time when it bowed over Memorial Day weekend.
To date, Fast 6 has grossed $180.3 million domestically and $342.2 million internationally. The film's stellar box-office performance helped push the studio past the $1 billion mark on May 31.
A seventh installment of the street-racing franchise -- with James Wan taking over as director -- has been set for release on July 11, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR