Fathom bringing ballet to movie theaters
Deal with MarQe includes 'Nutcracker,' 'Sleeping Beauty'
NCM Fathom, the alternative entertainment division of National CineMedia, has struck a deal with MarQe Entertainment to present a series of New York Theatre Ballet performances exclusively in select movie theaters nationwide beginning in August.
The ballet series will complement Fathom's existing opera schedule, offering audiences a "Season of the Arts," beginning in late summer and continuing into 2010.
The series will include a live performance of "The Nutcracker," broadcast live from New York in December. Each performance will feature exclusive segments that will be seen only by cinema audiences.
Fathom vp Dan Diamond is announcing the NYTB pact Tuesday at the ShoWest exhibitors convention in Las Vegas.
The ballet series will feature six performances of such ballet classics as "Sleeping Beauty," "Cinderella," "The Nutcracker," "Carnival of the Animals" and "The Alice in Wonderland Follies."
It will be offered across NCM's Digital Broadcast Network, with reaches nearly 500 movie theaters and performing arts centers nationwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR