FCC Chairman Calls on Broadcasters to Give Up Spectrum for Mobile Broadband
In his CES speech, Julius Genachowski argues that without more airwaves, the country may "squander the opportunity to lead the world in mobile."
NEW YORK -- FCC chairman Julius Genachowski will vow in a CES appearance Friday afternoon to make spectrum his top priority this year to ensure more airwaves are available for mobile broadband for the rising number of tablets and other web-connected devices.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
- New Jersey Congressional Candidate Endorsed By One-Ninth Of The Wu-Tang Clan
- Maureen Ryan: All Due Respect: An Appreciation Of James Gandolfini
- 'Sopranos' Actress Reflects On Working With James Gandolfini